I? Feel anxiety?
I can assure you that in these days when our "normal" way of living was drastically affected we had some symptoms of anxiety and we overlooked them; You may have had a feeling of stress, a slight acceleration of your heart and breathing rate, muscle tension, sweaty palms , an upset stomach, and tremors in your hands and legs.
I could perceive some of these symptoms... And I asked myself: Why am I afraid of what will happen?
And some of the questions that according to the WHO (World Health Organization) have been reported lately are:
What is going to happen? Will I get infected? Will I have a job? How will my mother, my family be? Will I see them again?
And it is okay to feel worried, no matter how spiritual you are or the position in a ministry you have. IT IS NOT WRONG to feel uncertainty; We are humans!.
What sets us apart as Christians is that we have that hope in CHRIST and many promises of God for our family.
2 Chronicles 20:17 impresses me that it says “In this case, you don't have to fight. Just be still, and contemplate how the Lord is going to save you.” (RVC). Breathe, trust, and observe.
When an anxiety attack hits, remember these questions from God for you: Why are you afraid? Why do you care? Don't you trust me? Is there just one thing that is out of my control? Anxiety comes from a place of loss of control, but Matthew 6:27 says, “Which of you by worrying can add a single hour to the course of your life?” (NIV). Worrying and becoming overwhelmed does not and will not have any results because nothing is under our control .
Therefore, God calls us to give our worries to Him, to rest in His power and truth. The only one who has everything under control and the ability to calm the waters is Jesus.
Little by little, I put aside the news, alerts, number of infected people and all the information that did not edify me, on the contrary, it generated a feeling of concern and expectation of what will happen tomorrow.
What helped me a lot was to return to those biblical readings and teachings, the Word of God that renewed my faith every day and to hand over that burden (that does not belong to us) to God; asking with faith and recognizing that everything that would happen would be His will; and this is how we have managed to see that in these times his favor has been with us EVERY DAY .
I invite you in those moments of anxiety, to look for a praise or a list of praises in which you can remember his promises and the GREATNESS of his Power.
The following verses have incredible promises for you:
- “The Lord is your keeper; “The Lord is your shadow at your right hand.” Psalms 121:5
- “Jehovah is with me; “I will not fear what man can do to me.” Psalms 118:6.
- “Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you will be with me; Your rod and your staff will comfort me.” Psalms 23:4.
- “Look, I command you to be strong and brave; Do not be afraid or dismayed, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Josue 1: 9.
- “Aren't two birds sold for a quarter? Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father. For even your hairs are all numbered. Therefore, do not be afraid; “You are worth more than many sparrows.” Matthew 10:29-31.
- “And Jesus looking at them said to them: With men this is impossible; further For God everything is possible. ” Matthew 19:26.
- “Faith, then, is the certainty of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1.
And remember, if you went through these symptoms of anxiety, this whole process will help you also edify those who are far from God, let's talk about Jesus, let's talk about his love every day.
Cristina Gutiérrez de Sánchez